example

example
click on main image to link to main blog

Sunday 13 January 2013

edgesofbooks


I promised myself that I wouldn't get involved with the Norwich Pattern books – there has been so much work on them that and they are well known – but Lisa was showing some students one the other day and I popped down to see – it was a large fairly worn one – the edges of the pages were glorious and generally it was a riot of starting points it was difficult to control my excitement. The sections were random and thrown together with a number of shorter pages created to balance the space of the fore edge created by adding thick textile swatches. This reminded me of another great edge I've seen on/in a book – it was the ledger for St Audreys Hospital that I saw at Suffolk Record Office – it was being looked at my members of the team working on the St Audreys Project. http://staudrysproject.wordpress.com/history/the-collections/

No comments:

Post a Comment